One of the most popular cities in northern Poland, Kołobrzeg serves its attractions in the fields of culture, entertainment and sports.
Tourist attractions in Kołobrzeg:
- The lighthouse with a height of 26m - built in 1945 in the place of the old lighthouse at Fort Ujście. From the building we can admire panoramic views. The lighthouse's light is visible from 30 km away.
- The pier with a length of 220 m.
- The Neo-Gothic Town Hall of the 19th century, which is the pride of the city. It resembles a medieval castle as evidenced by the towers and shooting battlements.
- The new Old Town - a complex of buildings with an interesting arrangement of streets which extends west from the Town Hall. The architecture only imitates old buildings.
- The Fortifications - from the 17th century to the 19th century, Kołobrzeg had a character of a city-fortress as the largest fortifications were built at that time. During World War II, Kołobrzeg served as a defensive spot. Some of the fortifications have been preserved to this day - near the beach there are rampart walls of the stone earthworks from the 30's of the 19th century. In Gen. Henryk Dąbrowski park we can see fragments of fortress ditches of the 18th century.
- Polish Arms Museum - it has existed since 1963. Presents unique and rich collections of military, from the early Middle Ages to the present day, arranged in a chronological order.
- The Brunszwiccy palace, also known as the Palace of Branuschweigs, was built in 1808. An exhibition entitled "The History of Kołobrzeg" was opened in the palace in June, 1977. Today, the palace has exhibition ("The History of Kołobrzeg", "Metrological Collections" and temporary exhibitions), administrative, educational, and cultural functions. It is also used as a warehouse.
- Kołobrzeg Forest - the blue trail runs through the forest where we can find numerous swamps, natural monuments and biking trails.
- The Monument of the Medical Nurse
- The Monument of Marriage of Poland and the sea in Kołobrzeg
- The Fuse Tower, called the Gunpowder Tower, is the only evidence of existence of the medieval defence system in Kołobrzeg.
- The Yacht Harbour located in Kołobrzeg at the mouth of the Parsęta River to the harbour canal.
- Stefan Żeromski Park in Kołobrzeg was founded in 1971 - on the grounds of the former Evangelical cemeteries and suburban forests. It is now a park complex that separates the city from the strip of coastal dunes.